The blue bottle.

Olive's original companion in a martini was gin, before vodka came in and stole the show. I, however, don't mind gin. In fact, I actually enjoy the unique flavor.  So last night when my sister came to visit for an evening of girly movies and pizza, I took the opportunity to purchase one of those fancy blue bottles of gin and try my hand at a new drink.
                     
Meet Tom Collins himself....
ROSYRILLI.COM Tom Collins recipe
To make two, you'll need...
2 oz. fresh lemon juice
4 tsp. sugar
4 oz. gin
Club soda
An orange and maraschino cherries, to garnish

Add lemon juice, sugar, and gin to shaker filled 2/3 with ice. Shake well 15-20 seconds. Fill collins glass with ice and add contents of shaker. Lastly, pour in club soda and garnish with an orange slice and cherries. Stir with swizzle stick. 
Enjoy!

My personal adjustments to make this recipe better - less lemon juice, more sugar and cherries. Sweet always wins over sour in my world :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my random blog.. let alone leaving a comment. Your thoughts, be what they may, are always quite welcome here :)