Painting the town red.

http://www.caperesorts.com/hotels/capemay/virginiahotel/
Image found HERE
My oh my. Where does one even begin? First and foremost, I will be honest and tell you that last weekend was not without flaws. Missteps were made. Some mine. Some others. I will not dwell on the fact, for instance, that in my flurry of packing, I somehow managed to forgot the top tier of our wedding cake. It just goes to show, it's truly a splendid weekend when even mistakes can't hamper the festivities. 

   It all kicked off, like most generally do, with Friday evening. Unfortunately enough, hubs and I were both feeling under the weather. A night in, enjoying pizza and a movie recommended by a co-worker, were just what the doctor ordered.  Even with all of the relaxation from the evening before, Saturday morning was still a push. The day still managed to start bright and early with breakfast in bed. Looking back, it was a blessing in disguise that both of us were low on energy reserves. All of the chores, spring cleaning and to-do lists were halted. Instead, we decided to take a spontaneous road trip and found ourselves checking out some of the surrounding suburbs which neither of us had previously ventured. It was so exciting to chat about the picture we see ourselves in a few years down the line. Next on the schedule? We (conveniently) found ourselves at the Outlets where I spoiled hubby rotten with whatever his little heart desired from J.Crew. For those of you who don't know, his birthday is the day after our anniversary so it was only fitting.  For his sake, I will not mention his age :)

    Sunday was the BIG day. Exactly one year from the date we married. It's amazing how it feels so long ago yet so near, all at the same time. To celebrate the special memory, we had planned a trip to Cape May, NJ to stay at our first B&B. On our way down, we decided to take a quick detour and visit the boardwalk of Wildwood. After our lovely stroll, we grabbed some grub at Tucker's and were on our way...

    It was love at first sight. Let me just tell you, Cape May is straight from the scenes of every romance novel, I swear to you. If you haven't yet had the pleasure of visiting this quaint little town, I highly recommend it. The streets are all lined with beautiful old Victorian style homes,  just moments away from the beach. We wined and dined at the Virginia Hotel, which is also where we had booked our stay. This B&B was so adorable that hubs practically had to force me to leave the next morning. We indulged in champagne, great conversation and a delicious dinner. I won't go into too much detail, because hey, some moments are left best between lovers, but suffice it to say that hubby and I will always reflect on this weekend with fond memories. It was absolutely perfect in all of the right places. I couldn't have asked for more.

Soo, I promise that I'm not intentionally cutting this post short but there appear to be some issues with blogger accepting my photographs... and they're the best part! As soon as I sort out how to fix this glitch, I'll post a photo story of our weekend. Pinky swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my random blog.. let alone leaving a comment. Your thoughts, be what they may, are always quite welcome here :)