Going green.

On Mother's Day, my dear Mom had requested one thing of our family - that we visit a Mexican restaurant for some margaritas and apps. Tough, right? The margaritas were, but of course, delicious (and strong) but when it came to ordering the appetizers, I was in a bit of a pickle. She mentioned that a service was available whereupon a chef would come and prepare fresh guacamole in front of the table. I was not thrilled. Guacamole held a very special place in my heart as being one of the ugliest, most undesirable, unappetizing foods ever. Seriously. It's green and it's chunky. Not my cup of tea. But nevertheless, it was her special day, and so I was obliged to go along with the scheme. And, the chef did make it look rather appetizing with all of those fresh, healthy ingredients. And, I really was craving some food after all of that tequila. And so, I tip toed into trying the gross green mush I had so adamantly avoided for many, many years. And what to my wondering eyes should appear?! Fresh, delicious guacamole. Blame it on the tequila but I actually liked it. In fact, I'll go a step further and say that I was mentally trying to memorize the ingredients so I could make a fresh batch at home. And so, to the great pleasure of hubs, I whipped up my own dish of guacamole for the first time ever.
Margaritas anyone?
Valuable lesson learned? Unripe avocados are especially difficult to slice and dice compared to their softer, more easily-managed, counterparts. It's a shame I had to start with the unripe avocado first. Oh, did I have fun with that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my random blog.. let alone leaving a comment. Your thoughts, be what they may, are always quite welcome here :)