Entertaining amusements.

According to Google.com,
wit·ty/ˈwitē/
Adjective:
Showing or characterized by quick and inventive verbal humor: "a witty remark".

People are truly entertaining to me.  In my world, human behavior is always in a constant flux of amusing. I probably should have become a psychologist, come to think of it. Because here's the thing - there's motivation behind your every.single.action, whether you personally are willing to acknowledge it or not. This is also the exact reason I will never be considered witty. Before I speak, I've already mentally predicted the effects my words will have or the way in which they will be perceived. And I do this always, sometimes unconsciously. I've noted in life that most people don't reflect on their words or actions as much as I do. As I said, witty will never be an adjective someone uses to describe me. I'm okay with that for now. 


I'm rambling on about language because I'm in constant observation of the people around me. And on occasion, I'm baffled. This is one of those times, my friends. Hubby and I had the pleasure of attending our nephew's 3 year birthday party this past weekend. There were smiling, sometimes screaming, children everywhere. Or at least it felt that way to someone without kids. The interesting takeaway to said party was not the children's actions, but the parents themselves. Almost everyone in attendance, at some time or other, made a point to tell my husband and I that we were either lucky we didn't have children yet, to think carefully if we were to ever remotely consider children or to just plain put it off. I guess that's not that unusual really. I'm pretty sure I've heard similar sentiments spoken in the past. What I'm grappling with is the reason why. I'm sure when they were childless themselves, they weren't spewing such silly things. Once you join the club, is it part of the initiation that you must tell others not to do it too? I'm sure every parent there could have easily shared some amazing, awestruck moment experienced from their personally created offspring. Are the positives outweighed by the negatives?  Do they all secretly long for their childless days? Are they trying to forewarn of the disaster to come? What gives!? You hear it often but why? The most appreciated and honest feedback was received from the mother of three very rambunctious boys who calmly put it this way, "It's really pretty easy to raise children. It just takes up a lot of your time." At least there's some truth to that answer. Well I hope :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my random blog.. let alone leaving a comment. Your thoughts, be what they may, are always quite welcome here :)