Have you heard?

I've never seen a ghost. I've only recently ever visited a psychic and I hate scary movies. I am, admittedly, a little intrigued by what we're unable to sense. That whole five senses thing; Yeah, that's just our way of describing what we already have access to in life. What are we missing? What things can our little pea brains not conjure? I like the example of water. If you never saw it, felt it, tasted it, you could never ever think it up. The consistency. The lack of shape. The feel. You're just not that good. We're not that good. Even our creativity is limited to the limits we've experienced. So, this is my disclaimer. I've never seen a ghost.

My husband's father passed away a little over a year ago. Sometimes, with a few drinks in us, hubs and I will be talking around our dining room kitchen, and the lights will dim. Sometimes we think it's him, joining our conversation. And yes, you can for SURE make the argument that it's wishful thinking and that our house is old. The electric is old. You turn on the dryer and the lights will dim. Okay, I get that. It's far fetched. Understood.

A few nights ago, at approximately 1:47 am (yes, I know - I checked to make sure it wasn't witching hour. That would have really freaked me out), I woke up. Hubbies and I were sound asleep, comfortably wrapped in our comforter, when I awoke to music. It was a hazy kind of wakefulness. It took me a moment to realize the music was coming from our room, not outside. And then, I was as wide awake as awake can be. Because the music was coming from OUR room. Our computer, to be more exact. Our computer, which was lying on the floor all evening. And suddenly, our room was now engulfed in loud music. A song I'd never heard. A song WE DON'T OWN. Not on iTunes. Not anywhere. I hastily woke up hubby. And then I frantically tried to listen to the words of the song, because this was just too weird. And the weirdest part about it all was that the song actually faded out. No power shut off kind of done. A slow, fading of the chorus we were hearing. I immediately jumped out of bed and grabbed that laptop. To my disbelief, it was off. Completely off. I'm a rational person, so I was still convinced that maybe we were listening to Pandora or Grooveshark. One of those programs, before our computer went to sleep. Maybe a mouse scurried across the touchpad and turned the computer on. Maybe. Maybe. Maybe. And so, at almost 2 am, I was scrambling to turn on our laptop....

And I found it blank. Not an application open. No Pandora. No iTunes. No explanation for how our room suddenly filled with the sound of music. So I did the next best thing. I looked up the lyrics I'd heard. Turns out the song is by the Zac Brown Band featuring Jimmy Buffet. It's called Knee Deep, and here are the verses we were awakened to:

Cause now I'm knee deep in the water somewhere
Got the blue sky breeze blowing wind through my hair

Only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair
Sunrise there's a fire in the sky
Never been so happy
Never felt so high
And I think I might have found me my own kind of paradise


I've never seen a ghost. But I think I may have heard one. How does that happen? How does a computer randomly turn on, to play a song not saved, and then fade back to the power off position? All within a matter of minutes at approximately 1:47 am. Tell me. Please.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my random blog.. let alone leaving a comment. Your thoughts, be what they may, are always quite welcome here :)