Intuition, at its best.

Sometimes, you just know. There’s an overall feeling. You can over analyze a situation, and still, you'll be left with that same conclusion. Call it what you will – a hunch, a gut feeling, intuition.  It’s all of these. I’m not sure why it happens, but I certainly know when it does. And that’s where I’ve been lately. Following an instinct. There were three paths ahead, each with very different destinations. A decision which will indeed and undoubtedly shape the course of my life. And so it goes, that this is how I found myself changing career paths yet again and working for a different organization. And I really do believe it's meant to be. How else can I explain my lack of nerves leading up to my first day? There's been zero anxiety in the anticipation of change. And that's how I know I made the right decision. A decision which took up an entire evening of grueling comparisons and long, heated conversations between hubs and I.  Only a very small portion of people understand my choice, even after I shed light on my reasoning. I’m going against the grain. I walked away from more money, and that’s difficult for people to understand. At the end of the day, I have to be true to who I am. I realize that as I say this, I’m spoiled in my decision. I’ve been blessed with the opportunity to walk away. Not everyone can say the same. What was that hierarchy? Maslow's law of needs or some such. I won’t even try to say that I’ve gone without, because that would be a pitiful lie. I will say that I’ve always attempted to make the most of what I have. If you ask me what life is made of, my answer would be family. Relationships are what make happiness in life. And sure, being able to afford a lavish trip to some remote island doesn’t hurt, but at the end of the day, it’s really not about what you can afford. It’s about how you choose to live. It’s your lifestyle. If you can’t be happy in your everyday life, change courses. From what I’ve observed, most people don’t even fully understand what makes them tick; what makes them happy. They follow false hopes and aspirations and are confused why they still feel unfulfilled when they reach their final destination. So ask yourself, what are you aiming for in life? What are your dreams? And don't let anyone tell you that it has to be the biggest or the best. Sometimes, it's not bad to be in the background, going about your life in the most ordinary, happy ways.

So this change is either going to make me supremely happy or be a very big lesson learned in life. Here's to hoping for the former.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my random blog.. let alone leaving a comment. Your thoughts, be what they may, are always quite welcome here :)