On pins and needles, originally written August 13th, 2013.

See the disclaimer here.

August 13, 2013

I decided to give acupuncture a whirl. I mean, why not, right? I've always heard it mentioned for people who are experiencing infertility and well, at this rate, maybe I even sort of, almost, qualify. It's been 8 months of trying. And I'm not even so sure we're trying all that hard compared to others. I'm not temping, I may or may not have used an ovulation predictor kit depending on the month you asked me. I'm certainly not using mucinex, soft cups, special teas, or any of the other random things I come across online. I am going to give SMEP a try though, which basically just tells you when to, um.. you know... try. So this month here's my regimen: SMEP. OPK (ovulation predictor kit). Acupuncture. Organic foods as much as possible. Maybe a dash of journaling and daily walks for good measure. I already mostly cut back on my drinking. No caffeine either, which wasn't much of a problem since I've never been a coffee drinker, although working at Red Bull does tempt me every so often. Sounds pretty healthy to me! Check, check and check. This is my attempt to focus more on the soothing and healthy than the obsessive. I felt a little bit like a crazy lady last month. Every waking thought was of pregnancy and it was consuming me. If I had an everlasting supply of daisies, I would have ripped off about a gazillion of those petals saying, maybe she's pregnant. maybe she's not. It was awful.
 
So back to this acupuncture. My fertility doctor is going to do it.. for a pretty penny of course. I feel kind of weird about this whole doctor relationship. We had two meetings towards the beginning of the year in which he diagnosed what he believes to be the cause of my miscarriages. He wasn't treating me for infertility. Since then, I haven't spoken to him once. I know it's just a matter of time. I know I should just try to be more patient. I know I can get pregnant so that's half the battle right there, but man.. I kind of want someone to say, "Hey, try this! Do that!" So we'll see what this conversation is like during my first acupuncture consultation. I'm also curious to see if he'll recommend me to continue sessions and, if so, at what frequency. Oh, that and I'm curious to see what these darn little needles feel like!
 
On a lighter note, hubs and I just decided to rent a big ole house. It's pretty far out there in the suburbs so we got a lot of bang for our buck, as the saying goes. 4 bedrooms worth actually. So I'm kind of thinking that maybe everything will fall into place nicely. First comes house and then comes baby? We shall see. Time shall tell. Here's to forever hoping...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my random blog.. let alone leaving a comment. Your thoughts, be what they may, are always quite welcome here :)