Savings for someday, originally written December 12th, 2013.

See the disclaimer here.

December 12, 2013


I mentioned in this post that my husband surprised me one evening by informing me that he had opened up an account which automatically deducts a portion of his paycheck to fund a college savings account... for our unborn children. Pretty sure my heart melted completely away that night.


Well did I ever mention my little secret savings as well? I've been stocking away for months now. Automatically. Every other week when pay day rolls around, a portion of my paycheck is automatically sent to a savings account with a bank I don't use (to stave off any temptation). It's a nice little piece of knowledge to know that I have a cushion to play with should I find myself in the situation of needing to buy nursery furniture, decor or clothing. It WILL happen.


But in the meantime, it's one of my only comforting thoughts with regard to it taking longer than anticipated to conceive again. That little pot of gold keeps on getting bigger and bigger and the longer it takes, the larger it'll be. See, silver lining and all.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my random blog.. let alone leaving a comment. Your thoughts, be what they may, are always quite welcome here :)