The nest.

I recently came to the conclusion that my nesting instinct must be exceptionally high. For those of you who don't already know, I only get paid once a month. So when payday finally arrives, you'd think I would be running to buy up clothing, shoes, and purses (all of which I need, by the way), like most normal girls. Instead, where do I find myself milling around? Williams-Sonoma Kitchen. And I don't even cook!
I swear every single time I enter this store though, I want to become a chef.  I cannot wait to heat up this sauce and add it to some grilled chicken over noodles. Mmmm.
Um, and how cute are these champagne bubble candies? They have now taken up permanent residence on my desk at work. I just have to avoid eating the entire jar at once. 

Next on the agenda? Well, Pottery Barn, of course. I would feature some of the goodies I picked up here but can't seem to find them on their website. I'm thinking that perhaps this uncontrollable urge to decorate comes from the fact that my mom rarely splurges on clothing, shoes, or purses but does not hesitate to re-decorate a room (which I'm sure she's busy doing as we speak).  Uh oh. Does this mean I'm becoming just like my mom?! 


While we're on the topic of my favorite home decorating store, I would like to make a bold prediction. I say, give it a few years, and wall paper will be making a comeback. I'm not talking about your grandmother's old floral wallpaper either. I, for one, invite this trend back into homes with open arms. One of my favorite aspects to the venue I used for my wedding was the preppy vintage inspired ladies room! I'm already seeing this style pop up in magazines. Just a little taste of what's to come...




Featured items found herehere, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my random blog.. let alone leaving a comment. Your thoughts, be what they may, are always quite welcome here :)