The perfect miracle, originally written August 6th, 2012.

See the disclaimer here.

August 6, 2012

I've never been so excited to feel nauseous in my life. It's an interesting phenomenon. In my head I'm all like, "Ohhh! Maybe I'm pregnant! But wait, maybe I just ate something which isn't agreeing with my stomach. Boo :/ But what if maybe I really am pregnant?" 3 more days. 3.more.days. Or else my body's just about to slap me with one hell of a period. Last month in particular, I recall a day somewhat like this. I was so sure. Headache, nausea, achy. You name it. Apparently, someone upstairs was just playing a cruel joke on me though. I can just hear him now...Surprise! I gotcha!!! Not cool man. Not cool. I do have a new theory though. One which I tell myself late at night when I'm having my conversations of thanks, dreams and questions. As a disclaimer, I should tell you that I don't consider myself to be particularly religious. I think I may have mentioned this before. I don't attend church every Sunday, so by default, I'm only religious in that distinctly lazy kind of way designated for people like myself. Nevertheless, I do have my beliefs and my late night conversations with the big guy. So recently, I've been soothing my irrational, inpatient mind with the thought that maybe God is taking his good ole time with my miracle, making sure to pick out someone extra special for this life. One night in a bar (woah, yeah.. switching gears a bit), over wine and good conversation, my co-worker turned friend and I were chatting about life & men, our two favorite topics. She found my perspective on life to be fascinating and made the comment that she thought someday I would have children who would end up revolutionizing the world somehow. It's one of those quirky comments that has always managed to stay with me. So yeah, I'm now convinced that God is taking his time picking out the perfect miracle for this world. It's a comforting thought... to me at least. I'm sure to you, it sounds a little like I'm a head case, but whatevs!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my random blog.. let alone leaving a comment. Your thoughts, be what they may, are always quite welcome here :)